September 29, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Main Street Swing


I love watching the swing dancers dance the night away on Saturdays at the Plaza Gardens Stage. In our many Saturday nights closing down the Park, we have had the pleasure of watching them gracefully dance their way down Main Street at the end of the night. I wrote some time back for another picture on Main Street about wishing to capture them gliding down the glistening pavement. That wish came true last Saturday and I couldn't be more excited to share one of my favorite moments at Disneyland. Huge thank you to the couple in the picture for making my night!

Swing Dancers dancing on Main Street at night - Disneyland
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (6)

On September 30, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Amber said...

This picture gave me goosebumps! Fantastic!

 
On September 30, 2011 at 12:13 PM , Alyssa Ray said...

This is phenomenal! On the rare occasion that I've been able to see the dancers at the Plaza Gardens I've been mesmerized. I love watching old Disneyland TV specials that show the dancers and then seeing them in person 40 or more years later. This is just an amazing tribute to what is truly a classic Disney moment. :)

 
On September 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM , Anonymous said...

Not sure how you did this photo but it is INCREDIBLE! Wonderful work Michaela!!

 
On October 1, 2011 at 2:07 AM , DisneylandDan said...

Now I have plans for Saturday Night. :-) Magical!

 
On October 3, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Anonymous said...

Thank you Amber!

Alyssa Ray, thank you! It has quickly become one of my favorite features of Disneyland. Now I just have to learn how to swing ;)

Anonymous, thank you so much!

DisneylandDan, thank you!

 
On October 11, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Anonymous said...

Glad to see this one came out nice. Yes, we noticed all you HDR-ers taking photos that night. But next time you see us dancing, come up to us and let us know... We'll gladly stop and pose or dance through your shot if you like!