November 23, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Christmas at Walt's Apartment


One of my favorite places is standing beneath Walt's apartment in front of the Disneyland Firehouse. At Christmas time, they supplant the ever-glowing lamp with a small Christmas tree and despite its small stature, it sits proudly in the window overlooking Main Street. On the eve of Thanksgiving, I find myself with much to be grateful for, as is often the case when we pause to count our many blessings. Among the many things I have to be grateful for, this window is one of them. The light that always shines, whether by lamp or tree and what it stands for. For me it is one of the most poignant reminders of Walt Disney's legacy. I am grateful for his example of courage to pursue dreams and the tenacity to dog it 'til it's done. I am grateful that among his dreams, bringing families together was paramount. This tree in the window is one of those holiday touches at Disneyland that is truly special and makes the season bright.

Christmas at Walt's Apartment - Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (4)

On November 24, 2011 at 8:42 AM , Anonymous said...

Love this picture! The lighting, the framing, the subject matter - AMAZING! Thank you for blessing us with your talent of your picture and your words. Many blessings!!

 
On December 18, 2011 at 6:11 PM , Disneyland Obsession said...

Once again you've captured some of that Dsneyland "Magic". Let me add my voice to all of the followers of your work here at Tours Departing Daily, by saying that every day you guys provide us with a gift, in the form of a photograph. And I anxiously open my gift, knowing it is something beautiful. Thanks again gang, I do love your work. Merry Christmas to you all.

 
On November 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM , Michael in Phoenix said...

I remember reading about the light in Walt's window many years ago. I hadn't heard of the tradition up to that point in time. Now, when I'm in the Park, I always pause below that window and thank God for giving us this great man of vision and creativity. I am truly thankful for what Walt has given me and my family, and seeing the Christmas tree in your photo truly warmed my heart. Thank you, Kevin.

 
On November 7, 2012 at 11:51 AM , Michael in Phoenix said...

Oops! That should read, "MATTHEW", not Kevin. Sorry!