November 22, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Sitting on Daddy's Shoulders


We all want something. Everyday we go to work, or go to school, hoping to accomplish something astounding. Maybe it doesn’t happen at work, or even at school, but hopefully we are working towards a larger goal in the future. But why? What is this force at work that leads us to the calling? Money? Yeah, for some it is, but for the one of heart it is our passions that drives us. More recently there have been more wants accomplished then I have ever experienced in my life. For that I am so grateful, and so blessed. But as kid, all I ever wanted to do was sit on my dad’s shoulder’s. But my dad wasn’t around much. Or even at all for that matter. I remember looking upon other children sitting on their father’s shoulder’s, being jealous every second, wanting to see what they saw. Unfortunately I never got my chance. There is something about children that make them always full of wonder and curiosity. It’s probably because they are children. They just want to know, and they usually don’t care what path leads them to the answer. As adults, we forget this. Sometimes we just need to see something to believe in it. But hope comes from a place far different than that. As a kid, I never got to see what all those other kids were looking at, and maybe it was for the best. Maybe it pushed me to find out things on my own, and pursue a different path altogether. Maybe it pushed me to hope, to know what hope is, and to really experience it. Either way, I’m still sometimes jealous of those kids perched high up on their daddy’s shoulder’s, you don’t know how lucky you are.

Sitting on Daddy's Shoulders
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comment (1)

On November 23, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. I know what you are saying, but the difference is that my Dad did live with us. I'm not sure what hurts more, not having them there at all or having them there not participating.
The blessing is, we have learned from their mistakes and will not make the same ones ourselves.
God bless you this holiday season.