January 31, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Finding Copycats in the Lagoon


A few days ago, Matthew, Michaela, and I were watching the Finding Nemo Submarines as they peacefully navigated the lagoon. Everything seemed normal until Matt spotted something very interesting. In addition to the Seagulls screaming, "Mine, Mine, Mine" there were a few ducks sitting on the buoy trying to mimic this very same thing. We couldn't make out any legitimate noises, but they sure had the same mechanics down with their beaks. It was truly an interesting sight to see. I am still convinced that Disneyland Ducks are a species of their own.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (3)

On February 1, 2012 at 4:31 AM , Anonymous said...

A few years ago, I sat and watched a duck stop the Monorail cold for about 5 minutes before it could be coaxed off the rails. He knew what he was doing.....

 
On February 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM , Sean and Janet Eyring said...

And you didn't get a picture with the ducks, too? Your Disneyland ducks picture (sitting on the railing near the Rivers of America) is one of my favorites! I think you should get a shot one day of the feeding frenzy that happens when people (like me) throw their leftover fries over the balcony of the Hungry Bear Restaurant. :)

 
On February 1, 2012 at 8:04 AM , Drew said...

Ha ha, I kept looking and looking for the ducks in this picture before I realized that you were just sharing a related story. I was so glad when this ride reopened. It was one of my favorite rides as a kid, then it disappeared and I was devastated! Especially when you could still see it over the wall.

Also, "booye"?... (I guess that accidental misspelling probably stems from the general mispronunciation of the word.)