February 21, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - The Big Things in Life


Today I took a moment, and closed my eyes. I wondered what it would be like if I lost my eyesight, if my vision ceased and I could never see again. I honestly would be devastated. I depend on my eyes to guide me everyday without even thinking about it, and I am so inspired and overstimulated by what I see.

And even more I am so grateful for what some people call "the little things in life." They are the sunsets and sunrises, the enormous cliffs and peaks of the mountains, the endless feeling you get the first time you see the ocean and the way the sun glistens off it. They are the vast array of stars that fill the night sky. And then there are clouds. Oh my, the amazing beauty of the ever changing clouds.

And then I thought of the scene you see here. What if I couldn't see this? I would be missing out on so much. What if all the amazing beauty of the earth was shut from my eyes? It didn't take me long before I came up with a solution. I'd probably ask Matthew and Michaela what it looked like. I'd ask for them to explain to me in detail the amazing things they saw. And then it hit me. It's being able to experience what we see with someone else that makes it so much more profound. It's not just what we see that means the most, it's sharing it with others. It's being able to experience the "little things in life" with the people that mean the most to us. I am so grateful for my sight. I am so thankful for Matt and Michaela. I am so thankful to be able to experience life with these two people. They definitely are the two big things in my life.

Disney California Adventure - Mickey's Fun Wheel
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comment (1)

On February 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM , Terry said...

"The Three Amigos" says it all. How blessed the three of you are to share such a wonderful friendship. May it last forever.