February 20, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Splash Mountain at Dusk


I can't remember the last time I rode Splash Mountain. I suppose the fact that I rarely make it to the park without my camera has something to do with it. That or the fact that one of my least favorite things is walking around in wet clothes. That doesn't stop me from hanging around the queue watching people plummet, screaming the whole way down. There's just something about the screams and laughter that puts a smile on my face. I'm continually amazed by the number of people that ride Splash Mountain late at night and in the cold. As I was getting this shot close to midnight, swarms of people continued to rush through the line for the chance to find their laughing place, albeit a cold and wet one.


Splash Mountain at Dusk
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (3)

On February 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous said...

What lens did you shoot with? What settings did you use? Good job. Great Photo!!

 
On February 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous said...

Thanks! I used a Sigma 10-20mm and my settings were, ISO 200 - 10mm - f/5.6 - 8"

 
On February 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM , Anonymous said...

If only Disneyland knew how to make their pictures look this good. This is amazing, makes the ride look like crap in person!