March 15, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - The Castle in Bloom


We were surprised to see the Tabebuia trees at the hub in bloom early this year. They don't usually last long so we were thrilled to have the opportunity to take advantage of them for the "One More Disney Day" event. We must have spent the better half of the morning taking pictures of these amazing trees, composing whatever we could around them. While searching for angles amongst the blooms I noticed the castle glowing in the morning light and grabbed one of my favorite shots of the day.

The Castle in Bloom
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (5)

On March 15, 2012 at 9:13 PM , LynneAnne said...

It's like a fantasy ;)

 
On March 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM , Ryan A. said...

Such a beautiful and elegant picture! I love the colors of the blooms on the tree working alongside the pink of the castle, and the darker blues of the castle along with the lighter blue sky, and how the castle is just out of focus, almost out of reach. And of course, the morning light hitting the castle and the blossoms from just the right angle.

It almost makes me think it's a still frame from a movie, as the camera pushes on through the forest and in just a moment we'll see the castle in focus in all its glory. Having just seen it, it's already up there as one of my favorites of yours, Michaela! Great work!

 
On March 16, 2012 at 12:23 AM , Anonymous said...

I wanted to say I love this picture of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I was always wondering what kind of trees they were too. And last week while I was waiting to go over to DCA for FLashback, I got a great picture of me with the partner statue and the trees in the shot. Thanks again for sharing this beautiful picture.

 
On March 21, 2012 at 8:55 AM , Brooke said...

Amazing picture!!!

 
On March 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM , Anonymous said...

LynneAnne, thank you!

Ryan, I loved the sense of mystery it gave the picture to have the castle just out reach and I love that you got that from my picture. That is exactly how I felt taking this. Thank you for the awesome feedback!

Anonymous, that's awesome, thank you!

Brooke, thank you so much!