March 16, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - The Golden Glow Over the Gardens


It will be very sad when The Carnation Plaza Gardens goes away. I can't help but not think of that every time I pass by, take a picture, or hear the sweet sounds on Saturday nights. I was hoping for a large splash of golden light while we were in Disneyland for One More Disney Day, and was so excited when it finally made the crest over Tomorrowland and into Main Street and the Hub. The Carnation Plaza Gardens lit up with magic. It was seriously amazing to be in Disneyland so early. I almost don't even remember firing off this picture. When the light hit, it seemed like we were photographing the entire park in only a matter of minutes. But then again, time does seem to stop when the magic drops.

Disneyland - Main Street USA
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (4)

On March 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM , Risingravity said...

Are they going to get rid of the Carnation Plaza Gardens?

 
On March 17, 2012 at 5:46 AM , Daveland said...

Seeing this beautiful photo, it is hard to believe that they could actually consider demolishing this for a Princess Meet & Greet.

 
On March 17, 2012 at 8:15 AM , Anonymous said...

I'm a cast member and they are planning on destroying this beautiful area to put the princess in. Construction begins in May I believe. Enjoy before the walls go up. :(

 
On March 18, 2012 at 10:25 AM , sajohns5 said...

I agree with you guys, that it will be a sad loss! I loved going and seeing the live bands play and the swing dancers tearing up the dance floor. My boyfriend got some great pictures from those nights. Aren't there enough character meet and greets?? *sigh*