March 23, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Entering the River


Sometimes certain scenes just pop out to me, and for some reason the other night this little area of California Adventure really caught my eye. The large sweeping trees and glow from the lights looked so quaint in the crisp spring air, I had to stop. And for me, that is one of the most important parts of the photography process. If you see something you like, stop, get out your camera, and take that picture!

Almost after a few minutes of rigging up my tripod, a Disney security guard stopped me and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was shooting the entrance of Grizzly River Run. He immediately got very excited and asked if I was shooting HDR. Then I got excited. A Disney cast member who knows what HDR photography is? So cool! I showed him a few shots from the day, and he wished me luck in my endeavors. A very short, but meaningful conversation with a super nice cast member always leaves a lasting memory. This is what Disney is all about.

Disney California Adventure - Grizzly River Run
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comment (1)

On March 26, 2012 at 3:35 PM , Daveland said...

Beautiful photo of the entrance - and what a relief that he wasn't telling you not to shoot!