March 22, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Hot, Fresh Popcorn on a Cold, Wet Night


Trekking around the Disneyland Resort all day in the rain is not easy, but it is one of my favorite times to be there. The crowds are light and I feel even more at home. That may be a result of growing up in Northern California where winter meant rain most of the season, sometimes for weeks at a time. Now that I live in the desert, winter doesn't feel quite the same. So when it rains I find an excuse to be out in it and I couldn't be more thrilled to be out in it at the park. One of the the best things about the cold and the wet is seeking solice in the warmth. At home, that was always a cozy fire in the fireplace. On Main Street, the warm glow and the fresh smell of popcorn in the moist air is all the comfort you need.


popcorn cart on Main Street on a rainy night
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (3)

On March 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM , Terry said...

Hi Michaela...This is so beautiful! With the Matterhorn framed in the backround, I love the way you captured the glowing street lamps and the twinkling lights in the trees. But the warm, welcoming lights of the popcorn cart reflecting off the rain soaked pavement is the best! I can almost smell the popcorn now. Thanks for sharing your magical moment.

 
On March 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous said...

Thank you Terry :)

 
On April 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM , Anonymous said...

First I looked at the picture I thought it was Orlando.
It's so odd seeing this place so quiet and empty. It's like the picture is breathing with solitude and your nostalgia! Beautiful.
____________________
crossword puzzle maker