March 2, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - A Morning Welcome


Just a couple days ago Disneyland hosted their "One More Disney Day" event and it was an event we had been looking forward to for some time. When we arrived we headed straight to the Partners Statue to capture it in the glow of sunrise. We were not the only ones with that idea. There were a number of photographers circling the statue getting various shots of the hub as we walked up. It was the first time we had experienced anything quite like that and it was a very cool feeling being around that many people with a similar passion for photography and Disneyland. There are truly no words to describe the feeling of being in Disneyland during sunrise. I was in awe and needed a few moments to soak it all in before I could begin shooting. It was one the most amazing experiences I have ever had.

Partners Statue at Disneyland in the morning
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (4)

On March 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM , Terry said...

Michaela....I'm not usually at a loss for words, but am now. All I can say is, this makes my heart smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

 
On March 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM , lucky logan said...

Definitely agreed! It was incredibly peaceful and I was too left in awe that morning! What an experience... Love the photo! It brings me right back to that moment and feeling of being there as the sun rose over Disneyland!

 
On March 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM , Mark Hickson said...

Sometimes when I look at this statue it feels like Walt is directing use to keep moving forward into the future. Other times it looks like he is proudly saying to Mickey, ”Look what I have done here. Look at all who have come to see.”
This is a wonderful shot!

 
On March 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Terry!

Logan, Thank you!

Thanks Mark! What a wonderful thought.