March 29, 2012

Pinterest


There's a lot of hype about Pinterest right now and for good reason. It is a great way to share a bit about yourself with everyone. What your favorite foods are, what music you listen to and even what inspires you each day to create and to pursue your passion. It is also a great place to meet awesome people who have the same appreciation for things as you do. It's for these reasons we've joined Pinterest. We love meeting new people, discovering other artists and sharing our art with others. So join us here as we pin the world over!

Daily Photo Tour -Wishing Walt Goodnight


The lamp in the window of Walt's apartment serves as a reminder of what a great man Walt was, all the lives he touched and all the dreams that became a reality as a result of him pursuing his own. I have immense appreciation for this, but I often overlook it as we're dragging ourselves out of the park around 1:00am. On this night, I was quite prepared to head home after having been in the rain all day, but was stopped by the incredible reflection of Walt's apartment in the pavement. I just stood there for some time admiring the scene until Matthew and Kevin urged me to get a picture. Grateful for the encouragement, I set up and got my shot, wishing Walt a long overdue goodnight.

Walt's Apartment on a rainy night, main Street
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (5)

On March 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM , DisneylandDan said...

I do it every time I leave the park. It fell like he always says to me "see you, real soon".

 
On March 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM , Anonymous said...

Amazingly beautiful and incredibly poignant. Many thanks again for all you share :)

 
On March 31, 2012 at 4:55 PM , Daveland said...

Ditto what Disneyland Dan says...I find myself stalling in Town Square as I am about to leave. What a gorgeous photo...and the rain on the pavement really adds to it.

 
On April 1, 2012 at 8:02 AM , Terry said...

What a beautiful picture. I always love standing in front of Walt's apartment imagining him in there looking over all the happiness he created. Goodnight Walt, sweet dreams.

 
On April 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM , Anonymous said...

Anonymous, thank you so much!

Thank you Dave :)

Terry, thank you!