April 25, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Afternoon at Autopia


Autopia. It's one of those rides at Disneyland, not unlike Peter Pan, that always seems to have a line. Hot or cold. Rain or shine. People are always in the queue for their opportunity to get into a go-kart that features possibly the stiffest gas/brake pedal in existence. What makes us love this classic attraction so much? Well, it helps those of us who drive remember that driving is fun. For kids, it presents that exciting prospect of something they're not yet old enough to do. Of course, it doesn't hurt that it's in Disneyland.

Afternoon at Autopia - Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (4)

On April 26, 2012 at 5:21 AM , John D said...

This is a really amazing HDR photo.

 
On April 26, 2012 at 6:43 AM , Terry said...

Hi Matthew..this is such a great picture. I love the colors and the contrast. As with all the pictures the three of you take, it brings it to life. Speaking of the three of you, is that Michaela and Kevin in the foreground? And I agree with you about that gas/break pedal. I had a cramp in my leg by the time I got off. But, it's so much fun, I know I'll do it again anyway. Thanks for sharing.

 
On April 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM , Unknown said...

I love the colors in this shot. Well done!

 
On April 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM , Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I put in a request for an Autopia photo a long time ago, and today I find this!

And yesterday was my birthday! How *did* you know? :-)

The photo is lovely. It is rather amazing how "artistic" you were able to make it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

(BTW, I know that this photo is not *just* for me. But that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!)