July 2, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - The Mountaineer atop the Matterhorn


The day after the Matterhorn reopened we spent the day at DCA taking in Buena Vista Street and Cars Land. In the early afternoon we met up with a friend and headed for a ride on Mickey's Fun Wheel, which was practically devoid of a line. As we approached new heights, I wondered if there might be climbers on Anaheim's iconic mountain. To my great pleasure and surprise there was one mountaineer, sitting peacefully atop the Matterhorn. I can only imagine that view.


The Mountaineer atop the Matterhorn at Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (4)

On July 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM , Anonymous said...

Love the vintage look - very nice!

 
On July 3, 2012 at 7:16 AM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thanks!

 
On July 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM , Anonymous said...

I love the model-ish feel; did you use a bit of tilt-shift?

 
On July 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM , Cait said...

This is really neat.. I love the vantage point you got. You must have a really good zoom lens to have captured this from so far away... Last time I was on Mickey's Fun Wheel I tried the same thing (the mountains in the background had snow on them; it would have been a perfect shot!) but my lens wasn't nearly long enough to capture the details. So kudos to you! :)