August 31, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Memories on Route 66


I've lived in the desert for the past nineteen...twenty... Ah man. It's been almost twenty years since I moved to the desert. I honestly remember it like it was yesterday. Which is very odd because I was only 6 years old. So much has changed since then, but one thing has remained the same, the road to get home, Route 66. I couldn't really honestly believe the accuracy of this part of the queue in Radiator Spring's Racers. I really felt like I was at home. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't live in a shack made of bottles, and there surely aren't such impressive cactus or rock formations where I live, but the essence of the road was matched with such precision it blew me away. I love driving. You kinda have to living thirty minutes away from "town." Passing structures like this on Route 66 is very common. And even more common, and quite ironic, is the many tourists that stop on the side of the road to snap a picture of the bottle houses, and old relics. I pass them from time to time, and sometimes, when the feeling is right (or the lighting), and I have my camera with me, I'll stop and snap a few myself.

Cactus and Bottle house in the queue of Radiator Springs Racers
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comment (1)

On April 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM , Carissa Rupe said...

I totally agree! I have lived in the desert my whole life (except for that year I lived in Anaheim). I live in Pheonix, only 2 hours from Flagstaff, Az and Kingman, Az. I have driven on route 66 many times. The whole of Carsland is so much like the towns that litter the Route. It is amazing!