September 1, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - The Lost Temple


I love exiting Indiana Jones from that dark, rocky tunnel into the dense foliage that rises high overhead. There's something really neat about the way light moves in this adventurous jungle. It peeks through the leaves and branches where it can, dancing around their movements and flickering like a set of heavenly twinkle lights arranged in no particular fashion. And that's just what happens overhead. The idea of discovering and exploring ancient lost ruins is thrilling. Even though I've been on the ride a hundred times, its facade still lends mystery to the imagination and I constantly find myself dreaming up myriad scenarios of my own archaeological adventures. Oh what wonders await you, my friend!

The Lost Temple - Indiana Jones entrance in Adventureland at Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comment (1)

On September 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. The facade and the queue area of Indiana Jones is my favorite of the park. I think that I might enjoy wandering through the queue better than the actual attraction. The area is so effective at immersing you in this alternate reality of ancient and cursed Indian temples hidden within the depths of the jungle. It truly does transport you to another time in another place while beckoning you to come, explore, and imagine-- the very thing that I love about Disneyland.