January 9, 2013

Daily Photo Tour - The Wildest Fort in the Wilderness


Making it over to Tom Sawyer Island is not a common occurrence for me but I always manage to get lost on that speck in the middle of the Rivers of America for hours when I do. It's an adventure with so many hidden treasures. My favorite part, for some reason, has always been Fort Wilderness. Davy Crockett was one of my heroes as a kid and I can just imagine him and me hold up in there with our trusty muskets.

The Wildest Fort in the Wilderness - Fort Wilderness on Tom Sawyer Island at Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comment (1)

On January 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM , Cory Gross said...

I was so sad when I finally got to Disneyland for the first time in 2005, only to discover that Fort Wilderness had been shuttered for quite some time. While growing up, I would watch the original Mickey Mouse Club after school and the segemnts that stuck most strongly in my memory were the promotional pieces featuring Frontierland, Tom Sawyer's Island and Fort Wilderness.