February 27, 2013

Daily Photo Tour - Explorer Canoes for the Frontier King in You


I might be in the minority, but I love the canoes. It's the only ride where whether you make it back or not is up to you, sort of... More than that I love that it's titled after a man I greatly admire, Davy Crockett, the real one and Fess Parker's. I always root for the standup guy. His slogan, which are truly words to live by, "Be sure you're right, then go ahead." Don't be afraid of stepping out into the unknown or the opposed, so long as you're sure you're right.

Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes for the Frontier King in You, Critter Country, Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (2)

On March 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM , ajandrew said...

Yes, I went on the canoes - once - and only once. We must have had the explorer who had too many energy drinks. Before we even got into the canoes he fell into the water. After departing from the dock our guide must have thought we were in a frantic race. He paddled so hard and fast he was splashing us. We were the only row to get drenched! My friend stood up because he did not like getting soaked and his camera was getting wet. Needless to say, I probably will not attempt to go on the canoes again.

As to your encouraging words based on the title and slogan...thank you! Very inspirational.

 
On March 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM , Sean and Janet Eyring said...

The last time I went on the canoes, there was a big fat guy (sorry dude, you were fat, get over it) and he refused to paddle because "that's what I have sons for". And then throughout the whole river trip, he kept yelling at all of us to go faster. If ever there was a time I wished the canoe would tip over, that would have been it. I would like to try it again now that I have kids....and I would even paddle. ;)