March 7, 2013

Daily Photo Tour - Frontierland Sunset


The past few months have been some of the craziest and busiest the three of us have ever had. The chair at my desk seems like it needs a vacation almost as much as I do and I hope that time is coming very soon. I hope too that the time will be coming soon when we can share with you just what we have been working so diligently on. In any case, one of the greatest challenges in a hectic schedule or a pressure filled situation is to find or rediscover your center. What I mean by that is your quiet place. A place of peace. A place where you can see clearly your objective and the path that will take you there. A place where you can check your motives with all transparency. A place where you are certain of your purpose. Fortunately, having done this dance a time or two, I have a few ideas of where to look. Sometimes I look to the beauty of nature, which always seems to have a calming effect. There's a simplicity to it, like a Frontierland sunset. Other times, a great story to escape into will help slough off what ails me, whatever form it may come in. Without fail, prayer puts me in this place. There's just something about talking to my Creator that makes the complex things simple and the overwhelming noise a whisper.

Frontierland Sunset at Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (3)

On March 7, 2013 at 7:19 AM , Terry said...

Hi Matthew...TDD is one of MY quiet places and I thank all three of you for that. When my life is crazy, I just click on and immerse myself in your photos and commentary. Before I know it, a sense of calm washes over me and I leave my desk smiling. That being said, I love the photo. The last bit of sunlight before the magic of Disneyland at night takes over. Can't wait to see the new project. Hope you all get a well deserved rest soon.

 
On March 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM , Rick Modien said...

I really love the details in the pictures you're offering these days. Sure, I love the wide open scenes of Main Street, New Orleans Square, etc., where I can easily orient myself and "be there." But I think, more than anything, the details are my favorite. They really capture the magic of Disneyland–or anywhere you happen to be, for that matter. Details give us a deeper, more meaningful, experience of what we love. Please keep up this wonderful series. You make Disneyland come alive, especially for those of us who can't go there nearly as often as we'd like to.

 
On March 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM , Unknown said...

Thank you for this picture and for the sentiment! I hope what is keeping the three of you busy and what you are hoping to share with you is a good thing at least then it is all worth it in the end. Now on a personal note (for me at least) Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that, my life has been crazy too and I have lost that center, new job effecting a routine and such. I too have always found my center (and felt closer to my Creator in nature as well) but I have not had the chance to drive to the mountains to get that back. This picture helped me realize that I do not need to get away to "get away" It is funny how a complete stranger can say just what you need at that moment. Thanks.
Regards and Blessings
Carissa