April 22, 2013


Daily Photo Tour - The Beginning of an Adventure


Three years ago today the three of us got in a car, headed down to Disneyland with our cameras, and began an adventure that we couldn't of dreamed up. It's weird to think that we started this amazing journey only three years ago. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not our official 3 Year Anniversary today. We started the website in early May, so that's on the horizon. It is though, a special day in the fact that it was the first night we visited the park with the intention of capturing it through a lens, and with the vision of expressing to others just how special Disneyland really is. It was just one of the milestones in life where you know you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be. Everything just feels right.

I decided to post this picture again, because it is one of the photos from that night. In fact, it was the very first HDR photo I took inside Disneyland, so it's pretty special to me. If you dive way back into the first photos we have here, you'll see this photo, but you'll also notice that the processing is a lot different. A LOT different!! When you first start doing HDR it's kind of a spectacle while you edit. And I know I sure felt that way when I started.

Over the years, I've learned many different tricks and tips, and learned a heck of a lot from Matthew and Michaela. Don't mess with them in a color test, they'll demolish you. I will always remember that night, the smell of Tabebuia trees, the crisp chill of the night air, the stillness of Main Street after closing, and most importantly, the feeling of joy and excitement that something very special was in the future.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comment (1)

On April 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM , Joey James said...

Pixie hollow is very unappreciated if you ask me. Stunning shot with stunning colors.