May 23, 2013

Daily Photo Tour - An Evening at Carnation Cafe


There's an interesting atmosphere at Carnation Cafe in the late evenings. It's reminiscent of a small town cafe filled with regulars or maybe a small coffee shop off the beaten path. It's quaint and familiar. It's easy to pass by because somewhere in the back of your mind is the reassurance that it will always be there, waiting for you. I guess that's how Main Street is supposed to feel as everyone's hometown, the heart line of America.

Carnation Cafe lit up at night on Main Street U.S.A - Disneyland
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comment (1)

On May 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM , R. Modien said...

This is one of my very favorite places in Disneyland. I love how enclosed it feels, how intimate, and how I feel completely immersed in the Park there.
But this isn't a recent picture. I was at the Park in early December of last year, and there's now a large structure along the outside of the Cafe area, parallel to the shop across the narrow sidewalk. Do you have a newer picture of the same thing?
Thanks for sharing. I've said it before–all of you are the best.
By the way, Disneyland is holding a rare "all-nighter" today and into tomorrow. Are any of you taking that in and snapping pictures of a time when guests wouldn't normally see the Park? Just wondering. It would be a special time, no doubt. Wish I could take part.