May 21, 2013


Daily Photo Tour - Passion, Persistence, and Yellow Lights


"I'm tellin' you, man, every third blink is slower." It's true. And it's sort of a life lesson. The older I get the more I realize it's important to stop and reflect on life. It's good to slow down and realize where you are. I mean, it's horrifying to think that we only get one chance at this whole life thing. That's why every moment is so precious. Think about it for a second. There is no yesterday, only now, and the hope for tomorrow. We can only take yesterday's wisdom and apply it to the present in a way that prepares our future for success. Whatever that success might be, I believe it's different for everyone, but it comes from the same source, passion.

I used to believe that success was graduating with a Bachelor's Degree, landing that sweet job, and getting married. I figured, when I finally get there I'll be happy. That's a dangerous statement. "When I finally _______ I will be happy." You fill in the blank. It's different for everyone. But, more often then not, life works itself out in a way that teaches you a greater lesson than just being happy. What do you value? Where do you find self worth? In what setting, what activity do you feel the most productive? That's passion. It's made up of a mix of intuitive skill and talent, a touch of joy, and a ton of persistence. If you could weigh out the ingredients, the larger portion would be persistence. Without it, your passion will fade, and you'll slowly forget why you were placed on this planet in the first place.

Persistence in your passion will always remind you where you excel. It will show you how much you've grown, and it will tell you where you need to improve. Sometimes it's difficult to keep going, in whatever the task may be. But you just know when things are clickin'. When everything falls into place and in that moment you feel like you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing, that is when you have purpose.

For me, I've realized that the magnitude of my persistence has been quite modest recently. I haven't been giving my passions the best effort. And, remembering that this life is a one time deal always accelerates my energy into giving it my all and seeing my full potential. I've been reminded more recently of hopes and dreams that I once had. Things that faded so slowly as time went on. I don't know if I will ever reach those goals, but I'm going to be joyful and persistent the entire journey. I'm definitely excited to see what adventures are in store.

Cars Land - Disney California Adventure

Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (2)

On May 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM , Christina Rossi said...

wow.. who wrote this? I love it.. and I am going to share it!

 
On May 22, 2013 at 8:43 AM , Carissa Rupe said...

Wow! That was an awesome post. Not just the picture which is phenomenal but the writing that goes with it. You are an amazing writer Kevin.what you're saying is so true. Even with passions we can get complacent sometimes I really do need to remember that persistent. In order to excel with The things we are passionate about. thank you for sharing.