July 6, 2013


Daily Photo Tour - Inventing the Future


The interesting thing about this building is that many forget what it stands for. Even within seconds of stepping onto the never ending carousel the idea of the future is forgotten, and it seems that all guests want to do is be entertained. Well, they're in the right place, but there's more to Disneyland than just being entertained.

Innoventions is a place where imagination can directly be cultivated into invention. It's a place where the dreams of the future can be fashioned right before your eyes. I'm not talking about fancy gadgets or video games that seem to flourish in this place, but rather the seeds of ingenuity that inspire. The creation of one thing will always enact another to create something more resourceful, efficient, or just plain better. The concept of Innoventions has the capability to do this.

I've always felt that Disneyland has been a huge source of ideas, creation, and ingenuity. I've also felt that Tomorrowland should be the heart and soul of our future, and in a small way continually ask the difficult question, "What's next?"

An Inspiring TED Talk - Adora Svitak: What adults can learn from kids


One place that I've found that answers the question of, "What's next" is TED. I've been watching a few TED talks the past couple days, and felt that this picture and this talk seemed to line up quite nicely. This girl has got a bright future ahead of her. It's refreshing to hear such a young person speak such inspiring words.

Adora Svitak: What adults can learn from kids


Disneyland - Tomorrowland

Photo by Kevin Crone

Comment (1)

On July 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM , Carissa Rupe said...

Thank you so much for sharing this link. I needed that. I believe it was Walt Disney that said "Too may people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world. too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it is like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that."
That link is amazing. I had never heard of TED before. I loved that she talked about the need to learn from kids. I agree with that i also feel we as adults (young adults at that) have a responsibility to be more childlike at times. Thank you again for sharing that again. I loved both the picture and the link.