December 10, 2010

Daily Photo Tour - A Blizzard on the Rivers of America


There is always something to look at in Disneyland, something amazing. As a photographer, its pretty much sensory overload. One of the most magical moments at Disneyland during Christmas is the snow moment. I never get tired of hearing everyone, almost in unison, "Oooo" and "Ahhh" when the snow suddenly begins to fall. Its pretty awesome. As I was walking along the river one night, the fireworks had just ended, and of course, the snow began to fall. I stopped where I was. The light from one of the enormous Fantasmic pillars shined down illuminating the snow just right. In the distance stood the Mark Twain. I was not prepared at all for such a difficult shot. I decided I would come back another night to try my take at the snowy angle on the Rivers of America. I did, and the result is what you see! Even though this picture captures just a glimpse of a first snowfall, I hope its something you can enjoy while you wait for your next trip to the Disneyland Resort, or a moment to evoke memories of your first snow.

The Mark Twain on the Rivers of America while it's snowing at Disneyland
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (3)

On December 10, 2010 at 7:38 PM , Anonymous said...

This is a simply amazing shot. Beatifully planned out and executed and a joy to look at. I've seen you post on MiceChat before and would love it if you joined our Mice Chat photo group on Flickr. Here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/groups/micechat/

 
On April 1, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Kevin Crone said...

Hey Thanks! We don't have a Flickr as of now, but are looking into it!

 
On December 13, 2012 at 5:29 AM , Anonymous said...

Nice picture.. I thought they only did the snow on Mainstreet or is this the real thing ? Im suprise nobody asked you about that or am i missing something. Lol :)