March 7, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - The Observatron Takes Aim


This futuristic structure taking aim at Space Mountain is the Observatron. If you were wondering, I did have to look that up. It's one of those things at Disneyland that you see and think, "That's cool... What is it?" If you stare at it long enough, pondering its identity, it will put on a show for you, with sound effects and all. I was pretty excited to find this perspective of it on the Monorail platform. I'm told it gets pretty good reception.

Disneyland - Tomorrowland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (3)

On March 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Jennie said...

What a terrific look at this unique structure and from a great perspective as always. I've been out of town this last week and even though I looked at the new pics on my phone I didn't have time to comment.

 
On March 8, 2011 at 8:09 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

Thanks Jennie! We really appreciate you taking the time to comment. It's a huge encouragement. :)

 
On April 11, 2011 at 6:12 PM , NinaRevenant said...

Love this photo. Reminds me of one of my fav bands.... Empire of the Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eimgRedLkkU