June 26, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Arabian Nights


The entrance to Aladdin's Oasis has a lot of rich, beautiful detail that seems to pop in the glow of Adventureland's flickering lights. I love the deep red curtain at the end of the corridor. It has such an elegant feeling of mystery. I took this shot as we made our way out of Adventureland on a 'close out the Park' night. We had been asked to move along by a "suit" but I hastily snagged this shot as we did, with Matthew and Kevin pressing on to aide in the appearance of departure.

Aladdin's Oasis at night in Disneyland
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (6)

On June 26, 2011 at 8:44 PM , Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I never noticed before (and maybe I am wrong) but is that a peacock in the center with a fan of feathers on each side? I like to pull up your pictures in the large size so I can see things I never have before - very nice!

 
On June 26, 2011 at 8:51 PM , Anonymous said...

I wish my eyes could see like your camera lens does! I bet you could even make the restrooms at Disney seem magical!

 
On June 27, 2011 at 2:28 AM , Manda said...

It's gorgeous! :D

 
On June 28, 2011 at 8:26 AM , Anonymous said...

@Anonymous, Thank you! It is! I didn't notice it either until I stopped to take a picture. Little details like that help me to appreciate the subject even more.

@Anonymous, Thank you so much! That is such a nice compliment and would be quite a feat I think ;)

@Manda, Thank you :)

 
On June 28, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Jennie said...

I agree so completely that I wish my eyes saw DL the way your final picture sees it. I really like the angle of this one too.

 
On June 28, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous said...

Thank you Jennie!