June 25, 2011

Daily Photo Tour - Night Falls on the Jungle


I have wanted to get a nighttime picture of The World Famous Jungle Cruise since we started. It has been a long time coming but I'm so glad it has. I read something from a photographer I respect about waiting on some shots that you are really excited about because as you go on, you will continue to improve. By doing so, you bring more to the table. Patience is not an easy thing for me. I know that if I had rushed to get this picture, however, that I would have done myself a disservice. I have learned so much in the course of time and from Kevin and Michaela. Sometimes we get asked why we do this together. Well, aside from the sheer enjoyment of each others' company, we make each other better.

Disneyland is amazing at night. The atmosphere changes entirely. It's my favorite time to be at the Park. And my favorite place to be at that time is Adventureland, with its torches and lanterns burning brightly. I love the smell of the dense foliage in the damp evening air and I can all but taste adventure, arriving at the Jungle Cruise.


Exterior of the Jungle Cruise at night in Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (5)

On June 26, 2011 at 6:43 AM , Anonymous said...

Really amazing image. It was worth waiting, because you truly did the scene justice!

 
On June 26, 2011 at 8:36 AM , David said...

What were the settings?

 
On June 26, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Anonymous said...

You all give me goosebumps when I read what you have to say about every single picture!! How do you do that?

 
On June 26, 2011 at 3:19 PM , Matthew Hansen said...

@Anonymous - Thank you so much! That's a huge compliment.

@David - ISO 100 F/4 5"

@Anonymous - Haha, well thank you very much. We are very passionate about what we do and about being real and sharing it.

 
On July 22, 2013 at 12:48 AM , Alex Cazares said...

Hi, guys! I made a little poster of the Jungle Cruise in honor of you guys since I use your pictures in my posters. I do make sure you guys get credit. I just wanted to show it to you guys. I hope you like it. http://disneylandreferenceguide.tumblr.com/post/56123708973/vintage-jungle-cruise-poster-photo-by-matthew