March 5, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Sunrise Over Thunder Mountain


For anyone that knows even a little bit about me, they know that I don't fair well under slight sleeping conditions. I usually take on a zombie like state and can be very hard to understand or follow. That being said, it was quite difficult for me to pull an all-nighter at Disneyland for their "One More Disney Day" event. Most of it was a blur to me and keeping my eyes open felt like a monumental success, until I began to feel the chill of the morning that comes right before sunrise. It was then that I gathered what strength I had left and raced throughout the park grabbing whatever shot I could before the sun made it's way over the horizon. This one was taken as we were rushing through Frontierland to get to the Rivers of America. I almost considered passing right by this, not wasting anytime to set up, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to deny my lens the beauty that was before me. The vibrant blue sky and the orange glow from Big Thunder made for such a beautiful contrast and this is, quite frankly, a weakness of mine. I can never pass up warm lights glistening in the midst of twilight, there is just something very magical about it.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad during sunrise in Frontierland
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (9)

On March 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM , Michelle said...

AMAZING!!!! Total worth your Zombie-like state! Thank you Michaela for a BEAUTIFUL shot!
Michelle

 
On March 5, 2012 at 9:53 PM , lucky logan said...

beautiful! I love it!!! one more Disney day was such an experience, I was in the same zombie-like state, I think we all were. such an amazing time. your pictures bring me back there and remind of the fun I had. thank you!

 
On March 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous said...

Thank you Michelle!

Logan, thank you so much! It really was an incredible experience. I could definitely get used to being there that time of morning.

 
On March 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM , Charla said...

One of my new favorites! Thanks for clearing your head long enough to get this shot. Well worth it!!!

 
On March 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM , Daveland said...

Just discovered your site - fantastic stuff. Your photos are works of art.

 
On March 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM , Anonymous said...

Charla, thank you!

Wow Dave, thank you so much! We really appreciate it.

 
On March 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Anonymous said...

Totally awesome shot of my favorite ride in the park! It brought back memories of taking my kids on Thunder Mountain Railroad over and over and over again. While looking at the beautiful photography, I knew the moment when I had the sensation of actually being at Disneyland... I guess it could best be described as a "Goofy" kind of feeling.

Thanks Michaela and guys for all your hard work!

 
On March 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous said...

Anonymous, thank you so much! I remember riding this as a little girl with my dad and no matter how hard I tried, I always got squished around each turn, flying back and forth. It's one of my fondest memories ;)

 
On March 19, 2012 at 7:17 PM , Anonymous said...

This is great stuff guys! Love Dad - (Mike)