May 30, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Night Falls Like Thunder on the Frontier


It really never ceases to amaze, watching the transition from day to night at Disneyland. Michaela and I enjoyed an afternoon in Frontierland a few weeks ago and I kept coming back to Big Thunder Mountain. I really had been wanting to do a panoramic picture, something I don't attempt very often. To be honest, I've had a pretty rough go of them, despite countless Google queries... Fortunately for me, yet again, I am blessed with a wife who spurs me on to achieve bigger and greater things. She's also really good at panoramic pictures, so she was a great help. It felt great to put this together in Photoshop. I love this view of Big Thunder. For me, it's the moment when I am most in awe of it and immersed by it. The Frontierland bridge off to your left. The old mining town off to your right just over the ridge where riders come screaming through, held captive by a runaway train. Behind you the amazing and complex sound of people both exhilarated and exasperated from the ride, making their way to their next adventure. If you're lucky, strollers won't obscure what's in front of you. Amidst the trial and error, the advice and enjoying the scene, afternoon quickly became night. And let me tell you, night falls like thunder when the glow on that peak strikes into the night sky like lightning.

(Best viewed bigger by giving it a click and selecting a larger size at the top)

Night Falls Like Thunder on the Frontier - Panorama of Big Thunder Mountain at night, Disneyland
Photo by Matthew Hansen

Comments (4)

On May 31, 2012 at 7:16 AM , Anonymous said...

WOW - This looks like a postcard - but a BEAUTIFUL postcard! The lighting and the colors are incredible. My "daily" tour is always something I look forward to and is always another smile on my face. Keep up the wonderful work - it is much appreciated!!

 
On May 31, 2012 at 11:06 AM , Unknown said...

Wonderful panoramic view! That's fantastic!

 
On May 31, 2012 at 9:02 PM , outsidetheberm said...

This is an absolutely stunning shot. Incredible work.

 
On September 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM , Anonymous said...

Great shot. It looks like you captured a planet (Venus, Jupiter?) just to the right of the tree on the left.