May 31, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Late to the Party


There are a lot of peculiar looking homes in Fantasyland and although this is one of the more familiar ones, I hadn't really noticed it until this evening. It's a great little angle to take in Storybook Land which made it easy for me to imagine this house on a hillside in Hobbiton, yes Hobbiton, sometimes I wish I lived there, and the canal provided the perfect backdrop for this "storybook" setting. Can't you just imagine hobbits spinning their way around a Mad Tea Party?

Mad Tea Party queue lit up at night in Fantasyland, Disneyland
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (6)

On May 31, 2012 at 9:04 PM , outsidetheberm said...

Fun shot - and story, too!

 
On June 1, 2012 at 9:30 AM , Charla said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. I LOVE this shot! I want to live in this house. :0)
Thanks again for sharing your amazing talent with us. You always manage to inject a bit of magic into an otherwise ordinary day.

 
On June 1, 2012 at 10:10 AM , Michael in Phoenix said...

Beautiful!

As cool as the structure is, I'm drawn to the lighting. I'm a total sucker for hanging lanterns. Disney does it so well, and over and over again in practically every Land. My favorites are the ones hanging from the big tree as you enter Adventureland.

 
On June 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM , Mark Hickson said...

Aloha Michaela, Once again your work amazes me! We all agreed that this shot had to be DbM's Photo of the Week!

http://www.disneybymark.com/2012/06/01/photo-of-the-week-29/

Mahalo,
Mark Hickson

 
On June 5, 2012 at 4:06 AM , Georgetta said...

it looks like a magic land :)
well it kind of is!
looks like home of elves and other wonderful creatures

 
On June 5, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous said...

outsidetheberm, thanks!

Charla, thank you so much!! :D

Michael, thanks! I would have to agree. Those lanterns are one of my absolute favorite things at the park.

Mark, thank you so much. You're very kind and I really appreciate you sharing my photo! :)