July 19, 2012

Daily Photo Tour - Twilight Tempest at the Castle


We were very fortunate to catch one of the most amazing storms we've ever experienced at the park one Saturday. It was one of those days that you find yourself running around like a crazy person, grabbing every shot you possibly can because storms like this happen so rarely. Towards the end of my frantic scurrying about, I found myself at the castle, just in time for the sweet spot of the sunset. Twilight set in with it's incredible blue sky and the remnants of daylight filled the clouds with a beautiful array of color.

Sleeping Beauty Castle at twilight in Fantasyland, Disneyland
Photo by Michaela Hansen

Comments (2)

On July 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM , Anonymous said...

As much as I love this picture overall, I am totally drawn to the branches of the tree with the incredible sky behind them. So many twists and turns - they almost remind me of the thorns when Prince Phillip is fighting with Maleficent. I also really like the little purple glow of light under the bridge, reflecting on the water. Just so many things in this picture to enjoy!!

 
On July 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM , Charla said...

This is amazing....a very unique perspective. It captures both nature and magic in the same shot. (Which one could argue are very much the same thing.) ;0)