January 5, 2013


Daily Photo Tour - Making Progress Toward Tomorrow


Whenever I think of Tomorrowland, it brings forth inspiration, ingenuity, and ideas of building a better tomorrow. Have you ever thought of exactly what we are doing as a society? I'm not talking about going green, recycling bottles, or stopping polar ice caps from melting. I mean, those are all great. But, what happened to the idea of "dreaming and working and building a better way of life?" What are we doing as a society to make our lives better? Yeah, blame it on the economy. Blame it on Uncle Sam. Blame it on the alcohol (see what I did there), but when it comes down to it, it's how hard we work, and what we do with our money, time, and talents. I'm just saying, when was the last time we had a huge breakthrough in anything? I hear people complain all the time about Tomorrowland and how it needs to be updated and brought current so that it actually is a land of what tomorrow could hold. The sad reality is, I don't think we really know where we are going as a society, and I think we are unsure of what tomorrow holds. One thing is for certain though, it's only a matter of time until someone gets fed up and makes this thing called life move a little bit forward.

"Progress is people getting release from drudgery, gaining more time to enjoy themselves and live richer lives. As long as man dreams and works and builds, this progress will go on in your life and mine." -The Carousel of Progress ride soundtrack


Tomorrowland - Disneyland
Photo by Kevin Crone

Comments (3)

On January 5, 2013 at 9:12 AM , Joey James said...

I know this isn't a huge deal, but I was able to guess based on the picture which of you took it. Needless to say I've been following TDD for a while :)

 
On January 6, 2013 at 6:53 AM , Hal Rattray said...

Good commentary, if a bit sad. We are all a little (or a lot) frustrated now days. Lack of leadership, job's, money, etc. The good news is..We can turn this around. There is always hope. As you know Walt himself faced huge challenges creating the first park we all love. He didn't give up and neither should we. There are some great new developments on the horizon. New energy sources, technology, transportation, medical, etc.
My suggestion is..Turn off the daily news and turn on TDD. You all do a wonderful job of showing what the world should look like. Your work is appreciated by thousands. Keep it up and have a Great 2013.

 
On January 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM , Christopher Norcott said...

I full heartedly agree with you and Hal! We need more people to at least push us in the right direction. It also reminded me of a good quote I read in a recent issue of Popular Mechanics, "We can't facebook our way to the future." We need big ideas again. Still loving the pictures by the way!